TOP 5 WAYS
TO QUICKLY REACH YOUR GOALS
SUCCESSFULLY AS A NURSING LEADER.
By Naomi D. Jones – The Life Coach RN
We all have goals, both personal and professional yet so many go unrealized. Why? Because we don’t have a systematic, foolproof way to set or meet our goals. At times, lack of proven strategies affect the way we manage as nursing leaders.
Here are your 5 sure fire tips to define and reach your goals successfully and in a timely manner. This systematic approach will answer the big questions Who, What, When, Why and How can you plan and reach your goals consistently.
- Who – The number 1 way to reach your goals is to build an awareness of who you are. What influences your choices and decisions? It is your intellect, emotions, experiences and spirituality.
You are a unique and complex human being. You can only make appropriate goals for yourself when you understand what makes you tick.
- What do you want? We all want a lot of things for a lot of different reasons. What you really want is satisfaction and fulfillment. Being aware of who you are will absolutely guide you in your ability to accurately plan for what will make you “happy.”
- When – Right Now! Don’t procrastinate. Procrastination is a stealer of dreams and a saboteur of accomplishing goals. Don’t allow it to hold you back from doing what you need to do today. It’s all about renewing our commitment to ourselves!
- Why –Your very existence means you are part of a bigger plan. When you operate within your purpose in life, you will feel the joy because you will be setting, meeting and fulfilling your goals and your purpose for being here. Jeremiah 29:11 ‘He knows the plans He has for you’.
- How – The secret strategy to reaching your goals is really found in personal development. Tapping into your personal power is the long lasting motivation you need. Personal power is enhanced by two things: focus and connection.
Develop Focus– Distraction is easy to come by in this day and time. Cell phones, computers, social media and TV, just to name a few. You have to prioritize and focus. One acronym for focus is ‘Follow One Course Until Successful’.
Connect with like-minded people. There are plenty of nay-sayers and sometimes they live within your own head. Surrounding yourself with the people, activities and time to support you, will help you successfully reach your goals in record time and will relieve some of the burden in getting there.
As a Life Coach, I am all about your success! With over 35 years in nursing and 20 of those years in management, I have found the secret to enjoying my life and career. I want to share those secrets with you.
If you are ‘sick and tired’ of being ‘sick and tired’ of not reaching your goals or not having a sense of joy and fulfillment about your life and/ or career, get in touch with me for a free 30-minute ‘Personal Power’ consultation. Use the link below to schedule your session.
I look forward to talking with you. Here’s to your success!
Naomi D. Jones MS, RN, CRNI is a Registered Nurse, Certified Life Coach, Mentor, Author and Inspirational Speaker.